Approval for Online Education

Colby Community College is approved to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA), which authorizes colleges to enroll out-of-state residents in online courses. CCC can only enroll online students from states that are also members of NC-SARA. Member states and participating institutions are listed on the NC-SARA website.

Changes to the Higher Education Act of 1965 made it necessary for each institution of higher learning to address the following:  “If an institution is offering post secondary education through distance or correspondence education to students in a State in which it is not physically located or in which it is otherwise subject to State jurisdiction as determined by the State, the institution must meet any State requirements for it to be legally offering post secondary distance or correspondence education in that State. An institution must be able to document to the Secretary the State's approval upon request. (Authority: 20 U.S.C. 1001 and 1002)”


National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements

Student Concerns

Colby Community College aims to resolve all student complaints in a fair and expedient manner. Those wishing to file a formal complaint have multiple options and should refer to the Student Complaints page for more information.

For assistance, please contact:

Nikol Nolan
Vice President of Student Affairs
Phone: (785) 460-5490
Address: 1255 South Range, Colby, KS 67701

1255 S Range Ave
Colby KS 67701